MORe Search

List C Documents

Reference Number: MTAS-2018
Tennessee Code Annotated
Reviewed Date: November 18, 2020
Print This PagePrint This PageSend by EmailSend by EmailPDF versionPDF version

Documents from List C establish employment authorization and include:

  • U.S. Social Security account number card other than one that specifies on the face that (1) the issuance of the card is not valid for employment in the United States (Note – A copy (such as a metal or plastic reproduction) is not acceptable), (2) the card is valid for work only with INS authorization, and (3) the card is valid for work only with DHS authorization.
  • Certification of Birth Abroad issued by the U.S. Department of State (Form FS-545, DS-1350, FS-240)
  • Original or certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a state, county, municipal authority, or outlying possession of the United States bearing an official seal
  • Native American tribal document
  • U.S. Citizen Identification Card (Form I-197)
  • Identification Card for Use of Resident Citizen in the United States (Form I-179)
  • Employment authorization document issued by Department of Homeland Security (other than those listed under List A). For examples, please visit


Need to Broaden your Search?

Search Our Full Site

Use our comprehensive search tool to find out more information about your topic.