MORe Search

Receipts in-lieu of List A, B or C Documents

Reference Number: MTAS-2019
Tennessee Code Annotated
Reviewed Date: November 18, 2020
Print This PagePrint This PageSend by EmailSend by EmailPDF versionPDF version

In some circumstances, the employer must accept a receipt in lieu of a List A, List B, or List C document if one is presented by an employee. Acceptable receipts include:

  • A receipt for a replacement of a lost, stolen, or damaged document;
  • The arrival portion of the Form I-94 or I-94A containing a temporary I-551 stamp and photograph;
  • The departure portion of Form I-94 with an unexpired refugee admission stamp

When a receipt is provided, the employer enters the word "receipt" and its document number in the document number space, and enters the last day that the receipt is valid in the "Expiration Date" field. A receipt indicating that an initial or extension of an expiring employment authorization document (Form I-776) is not acceptable. Additionally, receipts are not acceptable if employment last less than three (3) business days.


Need to Broaden your Search?

Search Our Full Site

Use our comprehensive search tool to find out more information about your topic.

More Like This