Skip to main content

List A Documents

Reference Number: MTAS-2015
Reviewed Date: 12/21/2022

The following documents establish both identity and employment authorization from List A of the list of acceptable documents:

  • U.S. Passport or Passport Card
  • Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)
  • Foreign passport that contains a temporary I-551 stamp or temporary I-551 printed notation on a machine-readable immigrant visa (MRIV)
  • Employment Authorization Document (Card) that contains a photograph (Form I-766)(including expired EADs in conjunction with Forms I-797 bases n an EAD automatic extension in certain circumstances
  • In the case of a non-immigrant alien authorized to work for a specific employer incident to status, a foreign passport with Form I-94 or Form I-94A bearing the same name as the passport and containing an endorsement of the alien’s non-immigrant status, as long as the period of endorsement has not yet expired and the proposed employment is not in conflict with any restrictions or limitations identified on the form
  • Passport from the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) or the Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI) with Form I-94 or Form I-94A indicating non-immigrant admission under the Compact of Free Association Between the United States and the FSM or RMI.

Employers presenting a List A document should not be asked to present any other documents.