Employers may make the following type of inquiries:
- Names of applicant’s relatives employed by this company.
- Names and addresses of parents or guardians of minor applicants.
Notice in Case of Emergency
- Names of persons to be notified in case of accident or emergency.
- Inquiry into the organizations of which an applicant is a member providing the name or character of the organization does not reveal the race, religion, color, or ancestry of the member (must relate to the applicants professional qualifications).
- “What offices are held, if any?”
- “By whom were you referred for a position here?”
- Names of people willing to provide professional or character references of applicant.
- Notice to applicants that any mis-statements or omissions of material facts in the application may be cause for dismissal.