Reviewed Date: 12/21/2022
List B documents establish identity only for individuals 18 years of age or older and must not be expired. The list includes:
- Driver’s license or ID card issued by a state or outlying possession of the United States, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address.
- ID card issued by federal, state, or local government agencies or entities, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address.
- School ID card with a photograph
- Voter’s registration card
- U.S. military card or draft record
- Military dependent’s ID card
- U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
- Native American tribal document
- Driver’s license issued by a Canadian government authority
Acceptable List B documents for persons under age 18 who are unable to present a document list above include:
- School record or report card
- Clinic, doctor or hospital record
- Day-care or nursery school record
For minors under the age of 18 and certain individuals with disabilities who are unable to produce any of the listed identity documents, special notation may be used in place of a List B document.
Employees who chose to present a List B document must also present a document from List C for Section 2.