Skip to main content

Purchase of Confiscated Property from the State Summary

Reference Number: MTAS-2043
Reviewed Date: 07/31/2020

A municipality may buy a motor vehicle that has been confiscated by the state by any city officer, employee, or agent. The motor vehicle must be purchased in the name of the city and acquired for municipal use.

The T.C.A. citation for this topic is T.C.A. § 12-2-201.