The material receiving report form is designed to let the purchasing agent and the finance officer know that an item(s) of a particular order has been received.
This form is completed immediately upon receipt of materials, supplies, or services.
The person receiving the merchandise.
How to Prepare
A proper material receiving report must contain the following information:
- Purchase order number — The number from the purchase order on which the items were ordered
- From — Name of vendor
- Material received by — Person receiving the item
- Date received — Date the goods are received
- Quantity — Number of items received
- Description — Brief statement describing item(s)
- Price — Unit price from the purchase order
- Per — Unit measure (foot, lb., etc.)
- Amount — Amount equal to quantity times unit cost
- Freight charge — Amount (if any) charged for delivery
When any item(s) is not in satisfactory condition, a statement about the condition of the item(s) must be made in the description column. There is no need to write anything in this column if the item is undamaged.