The Research and Information Center (RIC) serves as a clearinghouse for information produced by and about cities and provides research, reference and survey services. The staff addresses inquiries for information using in-house resources, on-campus libraries, resources found on the Internet, and other libraries across the country. Surveys for MTAS consultants and city officials are conducted to create and collect unique information on municipal government not available from other sources. RIC staff are responsible for the MTAS E-News and posting to MTAS's Facebook and Twitter pages.
Be sure to follow MTAS on Facebook and Twitter!
Need a Survey?
Request a survey by emailing RIC staff here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet MRLn! (Pronounced "merlin")
MRLn is the new MTAS Research Library Online. MRLn replaces MOLLY and we can't wait to show you what this new tool can do for you!
Click here to start a "Simple Search" Search MRLn
In a nutshell:
- MRLn will help you FIND the right articles, books, DVDs, forms and more.
- SAVE your searches and search results to be able to repeat the search and find all of the latest materials in your area of interest.
- REQUEST items that you've located to be sent to you, suggest new materials for the library, and request assistance.
Learn more about MRLn...
- View this "Meet MRLn" webinar recording covers the basics of how MRLn can help you. Start video
- Need to set up your MRLn account? Click here for instructions. Instructions
Frances Adams-O'Brien, Librarian | (865) 974-9842
Dawn McMillen, Senior Library Associate III | (865) 974-8970
Library Collection Use Policy
[Updated: March 26, 2020]