Knowledgebase-Request for Qualifications for City Attorney/Legal Services for the Town of Kingston Springs
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
CITY ATTORNEY / LEGAL SERVICES FOR THE TOWN OF KINGSTON SPRINGS
On or before 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 1, 2015, the Town of Kingston Springs, Tennessee will receive qualification statements from interested attorneys or law firms for services related to providing legal assistance to the Town. No late statements will be accepted.
Interested parties should submit three copies of their statement of qualifications to:
City Manager Mike McClanahan
Town of Kingston Springs
P.O. Box 256
396 Spring Street
Kingston Springs, TN 37082
The selection of an attorney or firm to provide the described scope of services will not be made on cost alone, but may be made based on the consideration of qualifications-related factors contained in this Request for Qualifications.
Services will begin on, or around July 1, 2015
INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS
The Statement of Qualifications must address the following criteria and be submitted in this order, (the Statement of Qualifications Form may be used.)
1. Name of firm, owner, address, and telephone number.
2. Personnel qualifications: Identify the key attorney who will serve in the position of City Attorney: provide their resume, and summarize their experience. Provide the same for other attorneys (if any) in the firm who may assist with the provision of services.
3. Specialized legal services competence: Provide information about the attorney and firm’s experience in providing legal services to municipal organizations. Provide at least two references from these organizations including names, contact persons, and phone numbers.
4. Capacity and capability: Provide information about the attorney and firm’s capacity and capability to perform on short notice and in a timely manner. If the appointed City Attorney is not available are there other means of responding to requests?
5. Approach to communicating with the Town: Describe the attorney and firm’s approach to communicating with the Town in regard to progress reports, status reports, recommendations, status of opinions, etc.
6. Understanding of services to be provided: Describe the attorney or firm’s understanding of the scope of work.
7. Work schedule: Provide a plan for service delivery.
8. Conflicts of interest: The attorney or firm, by submitting a proposal, certifies that to the best of its knowledge or belief, no elected official of the Town is financially interested, directly or indirectly, in their firm or in the purchase of services as described in this RFQ. They also certify that the information contained in this Statement of Qualifications is correct and complete to the best of their knowledge.
9. Cost for providing services: Please provide an estimate of the costs for providing the services described above. Such costs should include a base fee for providing routine opinions and services including attendance at regular Town commission meetings, and additional fees related to non-routine services such as prosecuting violations of municipal ordinances, representing the Town in certain lawsuits, providing non-routine opinions and research, etc.
Statement of Qualifications Form
1. Name of firm, owner, address, and telephone number:
2. Personnel Qualifications
3. Specialized Legal Services Competence:
4. Capacity and capability:
5. Approach to communicating with the Town:
6. Understanding of services to be provided:
7. Work schedule:
8. Conflicts of interest:
9. Cost for providing services:
I certify that the above information is correct and complete to the best of my knowledge. I also certify that to the best of its knowledge or belief, no elected officials or appointed official of the Town of Kingston Springs is financially interested, directly or indirectly, with my firm or in the purchase of services as described in this RFQ.
Name & Title Date