MTAS Comprehensive Management Review
Board Member Type Questions
Board Member: Date:
1. Why did you run for office?
2. How did you prepare for your first board meeting?
3. How would you rate the quality of your meetings and the decision-making capacity of your board?
4. Do you feel as though your views and opinions are heard during decision-making discussions? If not, why not?
5. In what areas do you have the most difficulty as a board member, and why?
6. Have you encountered anything in your code, charter, or personnel policies which you would like to see changed, or which has prevented the city from doing a better job?
7. Do you feel as though you are "in the loop" as far as knowing what's going on in the city?
8. What operations in your city need to be strengthened, and why?
9. What changes would you like to see made at city hall?
10. What is the city or its employees not doing that they should be doing?
11. What are they doing that they should not be doing?
12. Do you receive adequate financial information to help you make decisions? If not, what do you need?
13. Do you receive the kind of information you need from key staff (i.e. operations-related reports, analysis in support of decisions, adequate alternatives, etc)?
14. What kind of training do you need?
15. What kind of training do you think the staff should have?
16. Do you participate in TML activities? If not, why not?
17. Are you familiar with your code, charter, and personnel policies?
18. Do you have any other observations or suggestions?