Skip to main content

Municipal Technical Advisory Service (MTAS)

Original Author: Stokes, Richard
Date of Material: 06/07/2012

English language--Foreign speakers

Locating an Interpreter

Reviewed Date: 06/22/2021
MTAS was asked how to find a Mandarin Chinese interpreter.

From: Stokes, Richard L
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 1:44 PM
Subject: RE: Interpreters

I don’t know where you can specifically find a mandarin Chinese interpreter, however, you may find someone through the TN State Court System.  This link is to

at state publication entitled: Tennessee Court Clerk’s GuideFor Locating an Interpreter For Limited English Proficiency (LEP) Cases. 

The second page contains contact information that may be helpful.

I’m sorry I can’t be more helpful.  Feel free to contact me if you have questions or I can be of any further assistance.

Richard L. Stokes, IPMA-CP, PHR
Office Manager/Human Resources Consultant
Executive Director - TN Chapter IPMA-HR
The University of Tennessee
Municipal Technical Advisory Service
226 Capitol Blvd. Bldg., Suite 606
Nashville, TN  37219
615/532-6827 (office)
615/532-4963 (fax)

To meet the challenge of providing timely, valuable information and assistance to Tennessee cities to help build better communities

Visit our health care blog at

Main Document(s):
file Interpreters.pdf