What can we help you find today?

Junked Car Notice

Print This PagePrint This Page Send by EmailSend by Email
Reviewed Date: June 11, 2017

Original Author: 
Darden, Don
Date of Material: 
Aug 9, 2004

Abandoned property--Vehicles
Motor vehicles--Laws and regulations
Municipal ordinances

Junked Car Notice

MTAS was asked to create a standardized notice to be used to deal with violators of the city's junked car ordinance.

Knowledgebase-Junked Car Notice



To: Name:_______________________________________________

This is to notify you that you are in violation of Ordinance _________an ordinance regulating junked vehicles on public and private property within the Town of Tracy City. A copy of this ordinance is enclosed for your information. The Town of Tracy City would appreciate your compliance with the ordinance as a way to help us develop a community that is a more attractive and healthy place in which to live.

Violation: __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You are hereby given 10 days from the date of this notice to remove the vehicle located at:________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You are entitled to a hearing on this matter, and you have the right to be represented by an attorney. Should you desire a hearing, please contact the City Recorder to arrange a date for the hearing.

Failure to comply with this notice, as specified in paragraph two, will result in a citation for a violation of the town’s ordinance on junked vehicles and may result in a fine of fifty dollars ($50) per day.

Codes Enforcement Officer



I hereby certified that a copy of this notice was personally mailed by certified mail, return receipt required, on _________________

Helen Dykes
City Recorder


More Like This

MORe Entry: Notice
MORe Entry: Junk Vehicles
Knowledgebase: Car Allowance Policy

About Our Knowledgebase

Information written by MTAS staff was based on the law at the time and/or a specific sets of facts. The laws referenced may have changed and/or the technical advice provided may not be applicable to your city or circumstances. Always consult with your city attorney or an MTAS consultant before taking any action based on information posted to this website.