Print This Page
Send by Email
Reviewed Date: November 07, 2016
Emergency communications--Intergovernmental agreements
Interlocal Agreement by and between the Town of Centerville, Tennessee and the E911 Emergency Communications District of Hickman County, Tennessee
An agreement for emergency communications services between Centerville and the E911 Emergency Communications District of Hickman County.
Knowledgebase-Interlocal Agreement by and between the Town of Centerville, Tennessee and the E911 Emergency Communications District of Hickman County, Tennessee
By and Between the Town of Centerville, Tennessee and the E911 Emergency Communications District of Hickman County, Tennessee
This agreement made and entered into on this ____day of _______, 2010 between the Town of Centerville, Tennessee, hereinafter referred to as “Town” and the E911 Emergency Communications District of Hickman County, Tennessee, hereinafter referred to as “District” pursuant to the provisions of Tennessee Code Annotated (TCA 12-9-108).
In consideration of the mutual covenants and promises contained herein, the parties agree:
1. The term of this agreement is July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011. This agreement shall automatically renew itself on an annual basis unless cancelled in writing proceeded with a six (6) months notice. Either party may cancel this agreement after providing a six (6) months written notice.
2. Amendments to this agreement must be in writing and approved by the governing boards of the Town and District.
3. The Town agrees to provide E911 emergency communication services to:
a. The Hickman County Sheriff’s Department
b. The Centerville Police Department
c. Hickman County Volunteer Fire Department
d. The Centerville fire department
e. EMT emergency response units operating within the Town and the county.
4. The Town’s E911 emergency communication’s staff shall be Town employees and shall remain under the supervision and control of the Town. Town E911 emergency communication’s staff shall be compensated under the Town’s policies and shall be subject to Town’s personnel policies.
5. The District agrees to provide for and be responsible for all necessary equipment for answering and dispatching E911 calls, including antennas and repeaters.
6. The District agrees to reimburse the Town for required training and materials necessary for staff certification as required by Tennessee Law and the Town.
7. The Town agrees to provide personnel and physical facilities necessary for the dispatch services, including building upkeep and maintenance, for an annual fee of $132,000.00 paid in equal monthly installments by the District on or before the 7th of each month.
8. The District shall pay for all other costs that are permitted by the 911 Revenue Standards, including the E911 coordinator’s salary, benefits and E911 software.
9. The District releases the Town, and the Town releases the District to the extent allowable by law, from any and all liability arising out of the terms of this agreement.
10. This agreement shall be approved by the governing body of the Town and the governing body of the District. Such agreements shall be in writing and shall authorize the chief executive officers to sign the agreement.
In Witness Thereof, each party has caused this Interlocal Agreement to be executed by an authorized person on the date indicated.
Mayor, Town of Centerville Chairman, E911 Emergency Communications
Bob Bohn District,Tony McCord