Documents from List C establish employment authorization and include:
- U.S. Social Security account number card other than one that specifies on the face that (1) the issuance of the card is not valid for employment in the United States (Note – A copy (such as a metal or plastic reproduction) is not acceptable), (2) the card is valid for work only with INS authorization, and (3) the card is valid for work only with DHS authorization.
- Certification of Birth Abroad issued by the U.S. Department of State (Form FS-545, DS-1350, FS-240)
- Original or certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a state, county, municipal authority, or outlying possession of the United States bearing an official seal
- Native American tribal document
- U.S. Citizen Identification Card (Form I-197)
- Identification Card for Use of Resident Citizen in the United States (Form I-179)
- Employment authorization document issued by Department of Homeland Security (other than those listed under List A). For examples, please visit uscis.gov/i-9-central.