The Municipal Management Academy is designed for experienced managers and supervisors who want to become more effective, as well as those who have been recently appointed to supervisory positions in municipal government. The course sessions are easily adapted for groups of different sizes and levels of experience and skill. The program serves as basic management training for the new manager or as a refresher course for the experienced manager.
Tennessee Municipal Administration Certificate (TMAC) is a program that occurs during one calendar year which will take place within the MTAS Municipal Administration Program (MAP). Read more about the certificate program. Interested in this certificate? Click on the TMAC form to send your information to us.
Municipal Managers and Supervisors
- The Municipal Management certificate is awarded to participants who complete all 8 of the required sessions in the Level I Municipal Management Academy curriculum for a total of 32 hours.
- Municipal Management Academy Level II participants who complete 32 hours of Level II sessions including the 4 required sessions and 4 elective sessions will be awarded an Advanced Municipal Management certificate.
- Municipal Management Academy Level III participants must complete a practicum, plus three 4-hour sessions to be awarded a Master Municipal Management certificate.
Please check our training calendar for currently scheduled MMA classes.
Certificates will be awarded to participants after completion of each level.
What Our Customers Say About MMA
- "This program helps our managers and supervisors do a more effective job and be more efficient."
- "Our employees felt this program was so beneficial that we've decided to hold another session for other supervisors."
- "This class has resulted in improved productivity and professionalism in the workplace. I'm getting nothing but positive responses from all students."
- "Some of the group exercises force us out of our comfort zones, but they allow us to learn practical principles we can apply in the work place as well as in our personal lives."
- "I like these classes!"
Kurt Frederick, Training Consultant (615) 253-6385 (West and Middle Tennessee Regions)
Abb Oglesby, Training and Development Manager (615) 733-0602 (East Tennessee Region)
Doug Brown, Coordinator I (865) 974-9140
[Updated: February 14, 2018]