What can we help you find today?
Municipal Management Academy (MMA)
Print This PageSend by EmailPDF version
The Municipal Management Academy is designed for experienced managers and supervisors who want to become more effective, as well as those who have been recently appointed to supervisory positions in municipal government. The course sessions are easily adapted for groups of different sizes and levels of experience and skill. The program serves as basic management training for the new manager or as a refresher course for the experienced manager.
Program Overview is available here for download.
Level 1 - Open Enrollment Starting March 26th - see details (Located in Murfreesboro)
Municipal Managers and Supervisors
- Municipal Management Academy (MMA) Level I and II certificates are awarded to participants who complete all of the required sessions in the respective curricula.
- The curricula for each level totals 8 classes/32 continuing professional education (CPE) hours.
Certificates will be awarded to participants after completion of each level.
What Our Customers Say About MMA
- "This program helps our managers and supervisors do a more effective job and be more efficient."
- "Our employees felt this program was so beneficial that we've decided to hold another session for other supervisors."
- "This class has resulted in improved productivity and professionalism in the workplace. I'm getting nothing but positive responses from all students."
- "Some of the group exercises force us out of our comfort zones, but they allow us to learn practical principles we can apply in the work place as well as in our personal lives."
- "I like these classes!"
Sarah Curtis, Training and Development Consultant (615) 253-6385 (Middle Tennessee Region)
Yolanda Dillard, Training and Development Consultant, (901) 619-7019 (West Tennessee Region)
Johanna Owenby, Training and Development Consultant, (865) 974-9858 (East Tennessee Region)
Doug Brown, Coordinator,, (865) 974-9140
[Updated: April 4, 2019]