What can we help you find today?
Municipal Administration Program (MAP)
Print This PageSend by EmailPDF version
Course offerings fall into two categories - Administration/Technical and Leadership/Management.
Completion of these MTAS training programs lead to certificates for elected officials, appointed officials and municipal employees, and municipal managers and supervisors.
The Tennessee Municipal Administration Certificate (TMAC) may be obtained over the course of one calendar year within the MTAS Municipal Administration Program (MAP). This certificate program requires 32 hours of training with 16 hours from the Leadership and Management track and 16 hours from the Public Administration track. Interested in this certificate? Complete the TMAC form to send your contact information to us.
For Tennessee city officials the fee is $50 each. A fee of $65 is charged for non-city officials. Registration is required. Seating is limited at all sites, so please register in advance.
Leadership and Management Track Examples
- Dealing Tactfully with People and Situations
- The Aging Demographic - What is it and How Can Cities Prepare?
- Bullies in the Workplace
- Customer Service in Government
- Ask First: Improve Communication by Asking Instead of Telling
- FIRO-B (Learning Your Behavior Style)
- Women in Public Service Symposium
- Change Management
- Municipal Managment Academy
- MTAS Online Managerial Essentials Certificate
Public Administration Track Examples
- Business Tax Administration
- Employment Law
- Internal Control - Documentation and Policy Development
- City Operations - How to Determin if You are Winning or Loosing
- Planning and Zoning: Comprehensive Planning and the Annexation Process
- Closing the Year-End Accounting System
- Municipal Legislative Update
- Bringing a Human Perspective to ADA
- Cyber Security Basics
Kurt Frederick, Training Consultant (615) 253-6385
The 2018 MAP Class Schedule or check our training calendar for currently scheduled MAP classes.
[Updated: February 14, 2018]