The Town of Farragut is seeking an Assistant Town Engineer, whose essential responsibilities include:
• Intermediate to advanced technical and administrative work for supervision of construction and contract management for the Town’s capital projects, including construction of roadways, greenways, parks and other public facilities.
• Reviews plan and specification for municipal construction contracts; assembles the contracts.
• Inspection of public works and public utilities projects.
• Coordinates staff progress on town maintenance contracts.
• Supervision, preparation and maintenance of engineering records.
• Provides technical assistance to engineers, contractors, surveyors, architects, developers and citizens on matters related to residential and commercial development.
• Performs civil engineering work in the field and in the office relating to municipal public works, capital improvements, drainage and other related “in-house” designs for projects constructed by the Town's Public Works department.
• Works closely with our citizens, as well as other members of the Town’s staff.