Assistant Town Engineer
The Town of Farragut has a reputation for high standards, and this applies to our workforce as well as our vision for the community. Farragut is a growing community with several capital projects on the horizon. We thrive on professionalism and integrity, and genuinely enjoy serving residents. The Town is seeking applicants for an Assistant Town Engineer, whose essential responsibilities include:
- Intermediate to advanced technical and administrative work for supervision of construction and contract management for the Town’s capital projects, including construction of roadways, greenways, parks and other public facilities
- Inspection of public works and public utilities projects
- Supervision, preparation and maintenance of engineering records
- Provides technical assistance to engineers, contractors, surveyors, architects, developers and citizens on matters related to residential and commercial development.
- Performs civil engineering work in the field and in the office relating to municipal public works, capital improvements, drainage and other related “in-house” designs for projects constructed by the Town's Public Works department.
- Works closely with our citizens, as well as other members of the Town’s staff
Work is preformed under the general direction of the Town Engineer.
Applicants with a Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, or related field and considerable experience with civil design, roadway construction, project management, municipal engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience are encouraged to apply. An EIT or PE certification are preferred.
If you have a higher standard for success, join us in the Town of Farragut! Benefits include a competitive salary, medical, dental, life, LTD, and a matching 401(k) retirement plan. Applications and a job description may be obtained at the Farragut Town Hall, 11408 Municipal Center Drive, Farragut, TN, 37934, or www.townoffarragut.org/jobs. Applicants must submit a completed Town of Farragut application with an attached resume. Open until filled.
It is the policy of the Town to assure that no person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance.