The Town of Farragut has a reputation for high standards, and this applies to our workforce as well as our vision for the community. Farragut is a suburban community located adjacent to Knoxville, TN and is experiencing steady growth with a current population of 22,600. The Town is seeking applicants for an Assistant to the Town Administrator, who demonstrates a high level of professionalism, integrity, and whose essential responsibilities include:
- Researches, develops, plans, and coordinates the preparation of presentations, exhibits, reports, and informational materials prepared for a variety of Town boards
- Serves as Town liaison to the Farragut business community.
- Serves as staff representative for various committees, at community meetings, and civic and neighborhood events.
- Meets with interested citizens and groups and others to present information related to Town projects and pending applications under review by Town committees.
- Maintains performance metrics for all Town departments and provides analysis of budget line items and capital projects.
Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or closely related field required; supplemented by one (1) year previous experience in a municipal office at a professional level; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Master of Public Adminstration (MPA) preferred.
Complete job description and required job application are available at www.townoffarragut/jobs. Resumes may be downloaded. Salary DOQ with excellent benefits package.
Application DEADLINE: July 27, 2018.
It is the policy of the Town to assure that no person in the United States shall, on the grounds of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance.
The Town does not discriminate based on disability in its hiring or employment practices and complies with all regulations promulgated by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission under Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Contact the ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 865.966.7057.