As new state or federal legislation is passed, or as new problems and issues surface, MTAS responds by offering courses on-site and statewide. The timeliness of these sessions are a key advantage to municipalities needing information quickly.
MTAS offers courses on a variety of topics. Past courses include:
- Avoiding the Gray: Leadership Ethics at Work
- Conflict Management for Supervisors
- Ensuring Quality Customer Service Both Internally and Externally
- Fostering Respect in the Workplace
- Managing Generational Differences in the Workplace
- Pitfalls of Sexual Harassment: Being a Proactive Professional
- Strengths Based Leadership: Celebrating Different Strengths on Your Team
- Teambuilding: Building Stronger Teams and Organizations
- Customer Service – How to Deal With Irate Customers
MTAS may charge nominal fees for hot topic and specialty training.
Completion of MTAS training programs lead to certificates for Elected Officials, Appointed Officials and Municipal Employees, and Municipal Managers and Supervisors.
[Updated: February 14, 2018]