|Original Document: auction services rfp Jefferson City.pdf|
Text of Document: City of Jefferson City, Tennessee
Sealed proposals for AUCTION SERVICES for the City of Jefferson City, Tennessee will be received by the City Recorder’s office, P.O. Box 530, Jefferson City, Tennessee, 37760 UNTIL ----------- P.M., ---------- 2014.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Any questions regarding this Request for Proposal should be directed to -----------------------------------------------------------, or emailed to: -------------------------------------------------------.
All interested firms are invited to submit a proposal in accordance with the terms and conditions stated in this Request for Proposal.
Jefferson CityThe individual/firm submitting this proposal is required to submit those items listed in this RFP in full as a part of the proposal package.
Submittal Signature for:
Failure to submit any of the documents listed below with your proposal, or failure to acknowledge any addendum, or submitting your proposal with any limitation, condition or provision not requested, may be cause for rejection of your proposal.
By signing the form below, the authorized representative affirms that the information contained in this document is true and accurate, and that the individual/firm indicated below is capable of providing services as described in their response to this RFP.
|COMPANY ||TELEPHONE NUMBER |
| || |
|AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE (PRINT) ||TITLE |
| || |
|AUTHORIZED SIGNATURE ||DATE |
GENERAL SPECIFICATIONSJefferson City is seeking proposals from local individuals/firms to auction property owned by the City. It is the intent of this RFP to have the successful individual/firm enter into a Professional Services Contract with the City to supply auction services as outlined herein.
A. SCOPE OF SERVICES
The successful individual/firm shall agree to contract with the City to provide the following:
- Establishing auction sites and times in accordance with City needs,
- Developing and implementing strategies for promoting auctions,
- Conducting auctions in accordance with any laws, rules, or regulations established by the City or the State of Tennessee,
- Coordinating all auction-related transactions, and
- Handling all other customary activities and services associated with auctions.
Services may include consultation with City staff and City Councilmembers relating to the sale of items owned by the City. Presentations at public meetings may be required.
Respondents to this RFP shall have the following qualifications:
- Must be licensed and in good standing with the State of Tennessee.
- Must have an excellent reputation in the auction community.
- Must be knowledgeable in the auction market and have experience with small and large auctions.
- Must be knowledgeable in the use of all auction-related records and technologies.
C. INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
For proposal purposes, proposers must submit copies of certificates of insurance for general liability and workers compensation. The successful contractor must provide original certificates prior to commencing services.
D. FEE SCHEDULE
The proposed fee schedule shall include the following items:
- State your commission rate for auction services.
- State any other costs the City may anticipate relating to auctions or the services to be provided.
Payments to the successful contractor will be based on actual services received.
E. TERM OF CONTRACT
The contract period for the successful auction firm will be from date of award through -------------. The contract may be renewed for additional terms upon satisfactory performance by the individual/firm and at a negotiated rate agreed to in writing by both the individual/firm and the City of Jefferson City.
F. EVALUATION AND AWARD PROCESS
Issuance of this RFP and receipt of proposals does not commit the City to award a contract. The City reserves the right to postpone receipt date, accepting or rejecting any or all proposals received in response to this RFP, or to negotiate with any of the individuals/firms submitting an RFP, or to cancel all or part of this RFP.
G. ORAL PRESENTATION/INTERVIEWS
Firms submitting a proposal in response to this RFP may be required to give an oral presentation of their proposal. Additional technical and/or cost information may be requested for clarification purposes, but in no way will change the original proposal submitted. Interviews are optional and may or may not be conducted.
H. SELECTION CRITERIA
Selection of an individual/firm will be made based on the following criteria:
1. Ability of the contractor(s) to meet or exceed the requirements defined in the RFP,
I. RFP SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS
2. Experience, qualifications and references,
3. Knowledge of local auction market,
4. Local reputation,
5. Fee schedule, and
6. Completeness of response to RFP as outlined in this solicitation.
By submitting a proposal, you represent that you have (1) thoroughly examined and become familiar with the scope of services outlined in this RFP and (2) are capable of performing quality work to achieve the City's objectives.
The following information must accompany your proposal:
1. List years in business, previous names of the individual/firm, if any.
2. Description of your firm including size of firm, location, number and nature of the professional staff; staff experience, including a brief resume for each key person listed.
3. Describe experience (minimum three years previous experience with proven effectiveness) your firm or individual has in the auction business. 4. Experience in assisting similar size entities, including any and all services for government agencies.
5. List of at least three references where and when your firm provided similar services. Please provide names and telephone numbers of contact persons for each reference.
6. Additional services offered through your firm.
7. Listing of current litigation, outstanding judgments and liens.
8. Fee schedule:
- State your commission rate for auctions, including any and all fees therein.
- State your proposed method of compensation for any other services such as promotion of auctions, etc.
- State any other costs the City may anticipate relating to the auction services to be provided.