|Original Document: |
Text of Document: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Under direction of the City Manager, Deputy City Manager, Assistant City Manager, or a Department Head, provides support to City staff; prepares materials; performs delegated research tasks; prepares reports; performs numerous other tasks and projects as assigned; does related work as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Assists City staff members in the preparation and coordination of various reports and provides support in the development of short and long term operating plans;
· Researches delegated tasks and projects through document searches and personal and telephone interviews, at multiple work sites;
· Documents research findings, prepares reports, graphs, charts, and other illustrative materials;
· Analyzes data from research, makes effective decisions and prepares appropriate recommendations;
· Effectively organizes and prioritizes multiple assignments and projects;
· Makes both formal and informal presentations to staff members and the general public;
· Communicates effectively and courteously with City staff members, other employees, and the public in person, in writing, and by telephone;
· Operates computer for word processing and data manipulation, frequently sitting for long periods of time.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Moves and sorts books and supplies as needed in research tasks.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, DEGREES, CERTIFICATES, AND/OR LICENSES:
· Bachelor's degree in public administration, business or related field, plus at least one year of responsible municipal government experience;
· Master's Degree in same fields preferred.
· Valid Texas Class C Drivers License.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS:
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to maintain effective working relationships with peers, public officials and the public; analytical and problem solving skills.
· Good knowledge of municipal organizational structures, legal and political environments of local government.
· General knowledge of municipal operations; good knowledge of budgeting and financial analysis.
· Skilled in use of microcomputer and relevant software applications.