|Original Document: |
Text of Document: Community Resource Group
Water/Wastewater Operations Management Specialist
A dynamic, hands-on organization, Community Resource Group works in rural areas to expand the opportunities for families to build assets, improve their lives, and strengthen their communities. The work from the organization focuses on the basics: safe drinking water, affordable housing, employment transportation and access to credit.
For more than 30 years, CRG has successfully crafted innovative solutions and programs
Across the southern United States, giving rural communities and hardworking families a hand in building a better future
Provide technical assistance in the areas of management and finance for water and wastewater systems.
Reports to: State Coordinator
1. Provide onsite technical assistance services to water/wastewater facilities serving rural areas, to address public water supply and wastewater disposal problems within the state including organizing and conducting small group meetings in project communities to assist local decision-makers on matters affecting facility development of water/wastewater facilities and /or developing solutions to existing w/waste disposal problems.
2. Research, develop, and submit local community or utility decision-makers written reports, recommendations, feasibility studies, rate analysis etc., as necessary in order to enable local communities and /or utilities to make informed decisions necessary to resolve local problems and alleviate local needs.
3. Prepare and submit clear and cogent written project narrative reports, accurately detailing technical assistance activities provided to each project community. Project reporting must be in accordance with formats and instructions provided for the W/WW program, and reports must be prepared and submitted in a timely manner. Community project files must also be established and maintained including, but not limited to, a written log of all project-related activities, correspondence, reports, and working papers.
4. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with federal, state and local officials, as well as appropriate agencies, institutions, and individuals involved with the regulation and financing of public water/waste disposal facilities and services in order to (a) maintain, improve and /or expand services and scope of the CRG-W/WW programs; and /or (b)improve the ability of all small, rural communities in the state to provide safe, affordable water and waste disposal services to their residents.
5. Organize and conduct small group training sessions related to water/waste disposal issues for local decision-makers on a needed basis and as time permits.
In addition, make presentations at conferences and workshops on water/waste water issues.
6. Attend all CRG-W/WW staff meetings and assist other CRG-W/WW personnel on particular problem project communities or on other work related problem assure areas upon request and as time allows.
7. Special projects or assignments including service on advisory committees, training contract coordination groups, working groups, and task forces, national W/WW projects, etc. as may be assigned from time to time.
8. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
1. Knowledge of how local how local and state governments work, specifically city council interaction and budget preparation/approval.
2. Experience in planning and development districts in Tennessee.
3. Holds a Bachelor’s in Finance, Public Administration or Political Science.
4. Comfortable doing presentations and trainings using group facilitation skills.
5. Has demonstrated high level of negotiation skills, ability to collaborate with a wide variety of people, then bring those with diverse views to consensus.
6. Ability to read, analyze and understand common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents: Ability to respond to complex or difficult inquiries of complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
7. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
Broad knowledge of such fields as advanced accounting, marketing, business/administration, finance. Equivalent to four years of college, plus 4 years related experience and/or training, ad 3 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CRG offers a competitive base salary, and comprehensive benefit package commensurate with experience and previous success for this key leadership opportunity.
For More Information contact: