|Original Document: |
Text of Document: ORDINANCE NUMBER 550
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF CLINTON, TENNESSEE AMENDING THE BEER ORDINANCE REGULATING THE SALE OF BEER.
Be It Ordained by the Mayor and Council of the City of Clinton, Tennessee that Title 8, Chapter 2 Section 9 of the Municipal Code is hereby amended as follows by adding:
(4) Class D. An “on-site” permit to any person or legal organization engaged in the operation of any hotel/motel that does not sell food or beverages and that receives ninety percent (90%) of its revenue from the sale of room rentals may serve beer to patrons of such hotel/motel without a charge.
Be It Further Ordained by the Mayor and Council of the City of Clinton, Tennessee that Title 8, Chapter 2 Section 12 is hereby amended as follows:
Class B, C and D permits prohibited with certain areas.
(1) No Class B, C or D permits shall be issued to an applicant whose location:
(4) No Class D permit shall be issued to an applicant whose location is within five hundred (500) feet from any church, school, public park or public playground.
(5) In determining the distance under this section, measurement shall be from the center of the nearest entrance of a structure, or facility, in case of a public park or public playground following a straight line, to the center of the main entrance of the potential permittee.
(6) The foregoing prohibitions shall not apply where the applicant has received a license or permit under the provisions of Chapter 1 of the title or as allowed by T.C.A. § 57-4-105. (as added by Ord. #141, and amended by Ord. #329, and Ord. #485, Feb. 2006)
This Ordinance shall take affect upon it passage, the public welfare requiring it.
Passed First Reading: ________________________________, 2009
Public Hearing: ___________________________________, 2009
Passed Second Reading: _____________________________ , 2009
Winfred E. Shoopman, Mayor Vickie L. Fagan, City Recorder