|Original Document: |
Text of Document:
Employee works under the general supervision of the Utilities Superintendent performing routine clerical and data entry functions, in addition to accounts payable, accounts receivable, general accounting and other related work as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Handles all correspondences and memos, etc. for the superintendent, department heads and the utilities board.
· Coordinates notification of board meetings and meeting set-up.
· Reads difficult source documents and computer screen, computes invoices for accounts payable and cash receipts for accounts receivable areas.
· Enters accounting related data into the computer; uses 10 keys calculator by touch.
· Type purchase orders, material bid letters, order office supplies,
· Sorts and files as necessary.
· Processes payroll including writing checks from time sheets, processing cost of living adjustments, and other payroll changes.
· Set-up, calculate, maintain, process and check payroll deductions for health, dental, life and disability insurance coverage for employees.
· Establish and maintain personnel files, phone lists, workers compensation reports and retirement forms.
· Calculate solid waste flow meter readings and water treatment well index readings.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
· May be required to refine existing work methods and develop new techniques, concepts, or programs within established limits or policies. May require lifting light objects (less than 25 pounds).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
· Ability to type 65 words per minute and use standard office equipment (fax, calculator, xerox copier, postage machine).
· Ability to work under stress and for a variety of employees.
· Ability to work with a variety of people both in the system and outside.
· Ability to learn contents of policy manual, workers compensation regulations and insurance polices.
· Ability to take oral or written instructions.
· Ability to make mathematical computations rapidly and accurately.
· Knowledge of methods, practices and terminology used in financial, statistical and clerical work.
· Knowledge of various filing systems.
Any combination of training and experience equivalent to:
· High school diploma or GED. Good mathematical background preferred.
· One year experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash handling duties.
· Data entry and the ability to type 65 words per minutes and use of 10 key calculator.