|The Stormwater Technician performs a range of technical tasks related to the development and implementation of the City’s Water Resources Protection Program (WRPP) and Stormwater Utility. |
This position assists with implementation of the City’s Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit, conducts inspections and other field work related to the City’s stormwater management program and stormwater drainage system, and provides technical support in maintaining the City’s stormwater Geographic Information System (GIS).
Education: High school diploma or GED required. Technical training in computer science with a specialization in GIS provided through a college or trade school preferred.
Experience: At least one year of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience in environmental permitting, stormwater drainage and stormwater management, facility construction, and/or in GIS and GPS is required. For candidates with no work experience, two years of education may be substituted for one year of experience.
Skills: Working knowledge in some or all of the following areas:
- Federal, state, and municipal stormwater regulations;
- Data management skills;
- Technical writing skills
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively, both orally and in writing
- Stormwater drainage construction methods, materials, and specifications;
- Conventional and innovative stormwater management principles, practices, and techniques;
- General knowledge of construction principles, practices, and techniques
- GIS principles, practices, and techniques;
- GPS field mapping principles, practices, and techniques.
Special Requirement: Possession of a valid appropriate driver's license issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Equal Opportunity Employer